Apitope is a clinical stage biotech company developing potential first-in-class antigen-specific immunotherapeutics targeting the immunological basis of autoimmune diseases.
We use our novel, proprietary discovery platform to select and develop highly specific peptide-based therapies, known as “apitopes®”, which restore the natural balance of the immune system. This mechanism of action avoids global immune suppression and has the broad potential to treat a wide variety of autoimmune diseases.
We have developed a robust pipeline of innovative, potential first-in-class product candidates in clinical and pre-clinical development, thereby focussing on autoimmune diseases with significant unmet medical need.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist with in depth expertise in immunology/autoimmunity.
The selected Scientist will participate in or be responsible for the scientific progression of assigned technology or therapeutic areas. He/she carries out tasks in following areas: technical/experimental procedures, laboratory and equipment management, high level stock management and purchase procedures, general administration, quality system management. On a day to day basis the Scientist will be part of a project team and will report to the Chief Research Officer.
- Independently designs, plans, executes, analyses, interprets and reports scientific experiments
- Manages internal & external research projects
- Develops, evaluates, optimizes and implements new technologies, laboratory protocols and methodologies and increases productivity of the research group
- Performs experimental trouble-shooting and proposes solutions
- Writes and works according to Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
PhD degree in the area of biology, (bio) medicine, pharmacy or life sciences with focus on Immunology/autoimmunity covering topics:
- T cell biology, T cell tolerance, in vitro cell biology, in vivo biology
Required technology skills base:
- FACS, ELISpot, ELISA and/or PCR/qPCR technologies
- Cell culturing of human lymphocytes
General skill requirements:
- FELASA C accreditation
- Quality management and documentation
- Problem solving
- Communicates efficiently
- Writing skills for both scientific papers and internal reports
- Team player
- As the Company working language is English, fluency in English in verbal and written form is required
A strong candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of post-doctoral experience or equivalent, preferably in a biotech industry setting.
We offer a stimulating scientific position within a high‐potential innovative biotech company. The Scientist will have the opportunity to take part of an exciting scientific endeavor. He/she will be hired for a full-time position, for which an appropriate salary package is foreseen.
The Scientist will be based at Bioville, Life Science incubator in Diepenbeek, Belgium.
Applications from suitable qualified candidates are invited to send their English CV to Apitope at jobsNV@apitope.com quoting reference 2018/R&D001.
For additional questions please contact Lotta Jansson +32 11 28 69 00.